No products in the cart.
The Platelet is the quarterly journal of The ITP Support Association. A current edition is included in the information pack and each issue is sent free of charge to those members on our mailing list.
Many readers tell us that they find The Platelet a ‘lifeline’. When first diagnosed, people with ITP often feel isolated and frightened to have a disease with a complicated name that they have never heard of before. Those with a chronic condition (long term ITP) can become frustrated that their treatment has been unsuccessful and want to know all the available options to manage their condition. The Platelet offers up to date ITP information and reassurance, and helps ITP patients to feel supported and understood.
The Platelet is available free to our members, if you would like to join the ITP Support Association and have access to the Platelet and other free information leaflets then join our association today!
- News and views on ITP related matter
- Reader’s questions answered by one of the Association’s Medical Advisors
- Updates on ITP research and clinical trials
- Updates on the adult and childhood registries by UK ITP specialists
- Readers’ letters
- ITP articles by three leading ITP specialists in America (see American Perspective)
- General medical information or advice pertaining to ITP
- Articles from patients outlining their ITP experiences
- News and photos from people who hold ITP fundraising events
- Reviews and photos from the annual ITP Convention
Join the ITP Association Today
Membership of the ITP Support Association mailing list brings you:
- The Platelet, our quarterly journal, access to our ‘ITP Friends’ counselling volunteers, further information on living with ITP, treatment and the latest research, through our numerous free booklets and factsheets covering items such as insurance and Schools.
- A free ICH alert card in case of a bleeding emergency, access (through the Association) to our medical advisors for difficult conditions, concession ticket price for the annual ITP Support Association Conventions featuring visiting ITP specialists, and the opportunity to voice your opinion in occasional optional surveys to gather data on ITP (some from pharma agencies offer payment to participants)
The annual UK subscription fee is £15 per calendar year which helps towards the running of the Association. For those living outside the UK the annual subscription fee is £20 per calendar year.
Membership subscriptions are due for renewal on an annual basis, you can also select a recurring membership plan which will renew automatically.