Over the years the ITP Support Association has carried out many surveys covering the subject of ITP, this year we ran our Patient Perception Survey 2020, this was a follow up to a previous patient perception survey in 2017/18.
With the Association establishing an ever growing range of local ITP Groups around the UK, responses to the survey are from local groups and individual ITP patients ranging from treatment at GP Surgeries and Local Hospitals to fatigue and mental health issues.
The 2020 survey received 194 responses. Participants were asked 36 questions in total.
In order to evaluate the results of the ITP Patient Perception Survey with the task of producing a report complete with recommendations, a group of ITP experts from around the country were invited to take part in a 'Roundtable Discussion'
- Professor Adrian Newland (Chair), Professor of Haematology at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London
- Mervyn Morgan, Chief Executive, ITP Support Association
- Rhonda Anderson, Senior Patient Mentor, ITP Support Association
- Dr Drew Provan, Medical Adviser ITP Support Association. UK ITP Forum Executive Committee Member
- Dr Nicky Cooper, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Immunology and Inflammation, Imperial College, London
- Dr Jecko Thachil, Consultant Haematologist, Manchester University NHS Trust
- Dr Quentin Hill, Chair, UK ITP Forum, ITP Centre Director and Consultant Haematologist Leeds University Hospitals
- Dr Vickie McDonald, Director, Adult ITP Registry, ITP Lead Royal London Hospital
- Dr John Grainger, Consultant Paediatric Haematologist, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, National Lead for Paediatric ITP
- Dr Sue Pavord, Consultant Haematologist, Oxford University Hospitals
- Louise Taylor, ITP Nurse, Royal London Hospital, Nursing Representative, UK ITP Forum
- Rosie Davies, ITP Nurse, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital NHS Trust
To read the whole ITP Roundtable report you can download the document from the link below.